Peer Advisor and Global Envoy Program
Current PAGEs[coming soon]
he GEO Peer Advisor and Global Envoy Program (PAGE Program) is ideal for outgoing students and study abroad alums with excellent communication skills. Students who wish to apply for the PAGE Program are passionate about their study abroad experience and eager to share their stories (highlights and challenges) with fellow students for about 5-10 hours per week. Students in the PAGE Program also market the Mason Global Experience at on-campus events, student organization meetings, and in scheduled class visits during the GEO recruitment period. The ideal candidate for the PAGE Program can handle multiple tasks, responds to a variety of communication channels in a timely manner, and is open to a flexible schedule. All Peer Advisor and Global Envoy staff reports to Marketing.
- Previous international experience a must
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Currently enrolled at Mason
- Demonstrate a strong level of engagement.
- Available 5-10 hours per week for peer advising and event staffing.
- Expected to do class visits during the GEO recruitment period.
- Attend training workshops and a mandatory orientation session.
- Outgoing and excellent communicator with a positive and inviting attitude.
- Advise prospective students in a professional, truthful, and open manner.
- Articulate the academic, professional, and personal benefits of study abroad.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Represent the George Mason Global Education Office (GEO) during on-campus class visits and program-specific events, including some evening and weekends.
- Host assigned walk-in hours in the GEO office.
- Assist with other projects as assigned or based on interest and expertise.