Mason Global Education Office Withdrawal and Refund Policy
GEO Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- All application deposits, and administrative fees are non-refundable.
- All cancellations or withdrawals from a program must be made in writing (email) to the Global Education Office. A participant’s financial obligation will not change, regardless of whether charges appear on their student account at withdrawal/cancellation.
- If a participant cancels/withdraws from a program for any reason voluntarily or involuntarily (including dismissal from Mason or the program):
- After commitment to participate in the program, the student will be assessed a $1000 withdrawal penalty in addition to being responsible for all application deposits and administrative fees and any non-recoverable financial obligation made by GEO on the participant's behalf, up to the full program cost.
- After the following dates, students are 100% liable for program costs:
|Fall and Academic Year Programs
|Fall Partner Internship Programs
|Fall Build Your Own Internship Program
|Winter Break Programs
|Spring and Calendar Year Programs & Spring Partner Internship Programs
|Spring Break Programs
|Spring Build Your Own Internship Program
|Summer Programs & Summer Partner Internship Programs
|Summer Build Your Own Internship Program
- In cases of insufficient enrollment, students withdrawing their participation prior to an official program cancellation notice will not receive a refund.
- The Global Education Office reserves the right to make any changes or alterations to the program including itineraries and fees, in cases of emergency, low enrollment, changed conditions or in the interest of the group. Should the University cancel the Program for any reason, all fees will be refunded, unless the cancellation is due to deteriorating security and safety conditions, including, but not limited to, political unrest, natural disaster, technological failures, or other catastrophes beyond its control. In such cases, the university will be able to refund only uncommitted and/or recoverable funds (lodging and/or meals, transportation deposits, airfare, and any other program-related recoverable expenses.)
- If a participant receives a scholarship administered by GEO and then withdraws from their study abroad program at any time, the scholarship award will be removed from the student’s account.
Applicants should also review the GEO Program Payment and Financial Responsibility
for billing, payments, deadlines, and financial aid information.
*This policy applies to all participants including recipients of financial aid, scholarships, VA Benefits, and/or loans.