The GEO Scholarship for Non-Mason Students
The Global Education Office welcomes students at a college or university other than George Mason University participating in an eligible MasonGEO program to apply for the GEO Scholarship for Non-Mason Students.
Scholarship awards range from $250 to $1000 and vary based on the strength of the student's application.
If awarded, this amount will come as a reduction to recipient's final payment. Recipient will still be responsible for full deposit, full first payment, and final payment less the scholarship amount awarded by designated deadlines. If recipients fail to meet deadlines, MasonGEO has the right to revoke the scholarship.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university other than George Mason University at the time of application
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 at the time of application
- Must have a complete application to an eligible Global Education Office (MasonGEO) program by the scholarship application deadline
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit short-answer essays. Application questions should be answered within the questionnaire in the application for your MasonGEO program.
- How do you plan to finance your study abroad program cost? Please include any financial circumstances you would like to share with the scholarship committee.
- Pell Eligibility (Not Required): If you receive a Pell Grant, please be prepared to upload a copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter from your home institution.
- Identify your personal, academic, and professional goals for studying abroad. Explain how this particular program and destination is well-suited to those goals.
|Winter/Spring Break/Spring Semester (Scholarship Cycle 1)
|Summer/Fall Semester (Scholarship Cycle 2)
Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
Each applicant is carefully considered by the MasonGEO Scholarship Committee. The committee looks for applicants who have a strong academic record, demonstrate financial need, and are passionate about study abroad and their program in particular. Applicants are encouraged to share special circumstances, personal stories, or any other connections that demonstrate why and how the student will benefit from their chosen program and the scholarship award.
The Global Education Office (MasonGEO) is committed to assisting as many students as possible. Therefore, we reserve the right to give priority to first time recipients of any award.
Global Education Office (MasonGEO) Scholarship Policy and Requirements
Scholarships will not be disbursed to students who cancel their participation in the program or if the program is canceled.
For more information, contact:
External Outreach and Marketing Specialist