Thank You Veterans Study Abroad Award
The Thank you Veteran Study Abroad Award strives to alleviate the financial burden of a study abroad program by providing student veterans with funds to cover tuition, program fees, and travel incidentals as required. This award has been made possible by an anonymous donor who has a passion for supporting veterans and study abroad.
This award is open only to George Mason student veterans participating in a summer term, Mason,
faculty-led program abroad. Recipients will be selected based on need and the strength of their application. Recipients may be undergraduate or graduate veteran students, full or part-time, with the strongest preference for female veterans or veterans of a minority group.
- Mason student (graduate or undergraduate)
- 2.5 GPA minimum
- Proof of Service Record (DD214)
- 1 Essay
- Completed application for one study abroad program (summer only)
Applicants will submit a 100-word essay to be reviewed by a committee and must address the following:
- Why have you chosen this particular program and what it means to you?
- How will this benefit your experience here at Mason and after you leave Mason?
Recipients will be selected once a year in Scholarship cycle 2
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee comprised of the Global Education office, Financial aid, and Office of Military services.
For More Information Contact:
Scholarship and Grants Specialist